Wednesday 24 August 2016

Victor Moses admits he must take his chances


Moses-Bristol
Following his goalscoring feat in Chelsea’s League Cup win over Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, Victor Moses has spoken of the need to take his chances when he gets them.
The 25-year old has barely featured for Chelsea during the regular season since joining from Wigan, as he has been sent out on loan for the past three seasons.
However, he looks set to figure in the plans of Antonio Conte this season at Stamford Bridge and after making it count with a goal in the win on Tuesday, he has said it is important he takes his chances.
“I’m feeling good. It’s important for me to take my chances when I get them and keep working hard for the team,” he told the Chelsea website.
“I’m pleased with my form but the most important thing is the win.
“We’ve taken six points from two games so the players, manager and fans are all really pleased. We’re just going to keep working hard; we know every game is difficult so we’re taking it step by step.
“The most important thing is for us to keep on winning games and on a personal note I just need to focus on doing what I’m good at out on the pitch and enjoying myself.”
Chelsea have started the season well under Conte, with the Nigeria international also featuring in the two Premier League games played so far, albeit from the bench and he says they want to carry on winning.
“If you look at the team right now we are all very fit which is helping,” he continued.
“We want to carry on winning matches but this won’t be an easy game. The manager is clear in what he wants us to do and with the ability we have in the side, hopefully we can put that all together and win the game.
“This season every trophy is important, whether it’s the League Cup, FA Cup or Premier League. I think it’s going to be a very interesting season for us.
“We have lots of players who are capable of winning us games so as long as we stick together as a team we should do well.”

No comments: