Thursday 25 August 2016

Siasia says Pinnick and NFF yet to pay him

L-R: Dream Team VI head coach Samson Siasia, NFF president Amaju Pinnic and Dream Team VI skipper John Obi Mikel

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has insisted he is yet to be paid his salaries by the Nigeria Football Federation despite claims by the NFF boss Amaju Pinnick that they have started the process of paying him.

Siasia had cried out shortly before the Olympic Games that he was yet to be paid his salaries for five months and after winning the Bronze for Nigeria at the Games in Brazil, he has once again insisted that the salaries are yet to be paid.

NFF boss Pinnick had claimed earlier this month that: “Only last week we received about $60,000 from CAF and immediately I directed the General Secretary and said ‘please pay the technical crew of the U23 whatever we are owing them,” Pinnick had said.

It’s been three weeks since he made that declaration but Siasia is insisting he is yet to be paid.
“They have not paid, five months,” Siasia said shortly after returning from Brazil.

“We just came back and they (NFF) are saying ‘TSA, TSA’, I don’t know what the hell is TSA. They said they woulf pay us when we come back and today (Thursday) I will go and let them pay me because my contract is over.
“I want to go quietly, I don’t want any problems. Let them pay me let me go,” he added.

No comments: